Lynch Leadership Academy Fellowship Application
The Lynch Leadership Academy offers a unique cohort model for about 30 highly motivated and mission-driven Fellows each year, drawn from the leadership of the Catholic schools, charter schools, independent schools, and district schools in greater Boston. Fellows are accepted into either the Aspiring Principal Program or the Sitting Principal Program.
Fellows participate in learning experiences characterized by dynamic interaction among practicing school leaders and scholars/experts representing multiple professions. The experience includes an initial program retreat, a two-week summer institute, and consistent coaching sessions and data-driven professional workshops throughout the year that encourage the continuous exchange of ideas and practices among current Fellows and alumni.
The Academy is an innovative program that inspires, challenges, and trains urban leaders across sectors to effectively engage and direct impactful school change. We build the leadership capacity of school principals to attain high student achievement and enhance the lives of Boston-area children and families who depend upon the vitality and excellence of urban schools.
Participation entails intensive cohort professional development sessions, grounded in research-based best practices and emphasizing immediate application to the day-to-day work leading schools
- May and January retreats (2 days each)
- July summer institute (10 days)
- September through May, one day per month. Aspiring principal fellows receive one additional professional development session per month.
- Individualized school-based coaching, up to 10 hours per month, throughout the year.
- Aspiring principal fellows who need to fulfill the Principal Initial Certification requirements receive targeted support.
- Aspiring principal candidates from Boston Public Schools may qualify for a specialized principal prep track that provides a yearlong residency placement in a new school environment, matched with an effective mentor principal (space is limited).
LLA seeks candidates with:
- A strong instructional foundation
- An unwavering commitment to equity
- An openness to learning and growing within a collaborative community of leaders
- Sitting principals who are already leading, but eager to further develop and improve.
- Aspiring principals who are assistant principals, directors of instruction, teacher leaders or central office staff members, who will be ready to lead a school 2019-20.